Saturday, February 27, 2010

Triptych


Not long ago, the International Encaustic Artists issued a challenge. A triptych challenge. So, I made a triptych using some sample boards I had started during classes, and some other encaustic bits and bobs. This piece is absolute proof that you can make art without a plan, and that you can make art with studio leftovers. I had a wonderful time stacking the little encaustic panels, collaging in map parts, and incorporating the window to get them all just so. It speaks to me of leaping, jumping, journeying.

I've still got a bit of work to do, but this is how I photographed it for submission to the juried IEA show. I had a very hard time photographing this . . . The colors are a little washed out, and there's shadows, but hey, I rose to the challenge!

3 comments:

Amy Stoner said...

It looks lovely Bridget and I hope it gets included in the show! Great job!

Michael5000 said...

Suuuweeet!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

I just can't resist those little dollhouse windows…

And you've got some really great contrasting colors going on there. Nicely done!

ShareThis