Sunday, March 15, 2009

The ATCs are In the Mail . . . Really

It's only about a month late, but as of Friday, my Artist Trading Cards for the organized ATC swap for ARTfest are in the mail. The theme for the swap is ocean life . . . related to the theme for the retreat which is Sea Monsters! Mine feature an octopus . . .


I had a stamp made from one of my drawings . . . and recycled some security envelopes to use for the materials.


I love the way you can see the octopus through the security envelope windows . . . almost the way it might look through a submarine window if you were about to get attacked by a giant octopus.

I used brads and eyelets to hold the layers together . . . and put all my contact info on the back with a picture of a giant octopus and a tiny submarine!


These will all go for the pre-organized swap that Bee Shay put together, but I'm hoping to make a few more for hands-on swappin'!

3 comments:

Adrianne in Portland said...

Love the ATCs! It's so great how you pick a style and then make a bunch of cards in that style - but different. And the customized back - very, very cute.

Lucky traders!

A month late - big deal. I'd probably have to start now if I wanted to make Valentine's Day ATCs!

Adrianne

gl. said...

sweet! it's hard to go wrong with tentacles. :)

Leslie Peterson Sapp said...

This is SO beautiful. Your designs and assemblage are great, but I also love the way you draw.

ShareThis