Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Hands-On Class

I had the chance this week to teach a custom art class for a group of Reiki practitioners and clients! Since Reiki healing uses the hands, I wanted to do a very grounding, "hands-on" class. The group was game, so we dove into Touch Drawing . . . here's a student rolling out the ink.


And here are students beginning to make drawings, using their hands to press the paper into the ink . . .




We spent about an hour just making drawings . . . wiggles and squiggles and natural loops . . .

All those shapes our hands just naturally want to make!

Then, we combined those images with collage . . . and of course, I forgot to get pictures of the finished "products," but it is just kind of a reminder that the process is really the most important thing . . .

And the organizer, Michelle, brought me these lovely flowers! Wow! I wonder if I should offer a discount to students who bring me flowers . . .

1 comment:

gl. said...

aw! nice flowers! a custom art class rocks: touch drawing was perfect. i hope you get to do more of them!

ShareThis