Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fame in the Blogosphere, or, NaBloPoMo is Over - Now What?

Well, fame would be a bit exaggerating things a bit - I ran into Eyecon Arts at a gallery opening last week and she totally recognized me from my blog! Came up and said, "hi" and we got into a lovely conversation about teaching! Then, I got blogged . . . Alley Arts, a participant in Artmaking as Playful Prayer, blogged about the class! How cool is that?

NaBloPoMo is over - I did it! - I blogged every day during November, so I doubt I'll be blogging every day during the next few months - but it has been amazing to start really following a few blogs on an almost-daily basis. It's amazing the tidbits you can pick up! Thanks to MK5, I know what quilting gloves are and what it is to quilt in the ditch - and I got some great Scrabble tips!

So what happens after NaBloPoMo? I skip a day of blogging, and throw my annual Holiday Craft Party (which really needs a catchy new name, folks!). It was the first time I'd had a bunch of people over to play in my studio * - a converted two-car garage attached to my house - and so I finally christened it: The Hearth. (see how "art" appears in the middle of the word? feel the warmth?) This is the heart and home of Eyes Aflame . . . egads, I'm getting a little weepy! Time for pictures . . .

Believe it or not, these were taken as the party was winding down, and I finally remembered to pull out my camera . . . check out Susan in that amazing hat! Pele looks on in . . . well, Pele looks on. Michael is totally concentrating on getting his switchplate covers just right . . .


And here are the stars of Scarlet Star Studios . . .Gretchin and Sven! Gretchin made these amazing little snow folk (look close!) . . . and Sven crafted a creature with magnetically attached poseable - and removable - arms!

And this cute couple - Chama and Sandy - met at one of my Holiday Craft Parties - three years ago?! Four years ago?! My, how time flies . . . See how gettin' crafty and gettin' your art on just brings people together? And keeps them together? Ok, I'm getting weepy again!


On a groovy note, Sandy brought a really cool card idea to the party . . . I've got to figure out how to do a demo of it for you . . . but in the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for TWO great gifty demos this week . . . inspired by my Holiday Craft Parties!


* Added later: A month ago or so, for a Women's Networking Group meeting, I had six or seven folks over to the studio - and that felt like a warm-up.  The fifteen to twenty who showed up for the Holiday Craft Party?  That, well, that was a full-on christening! And yeah, I really think the space can work for classes . . . hmmm

5 comments:

gl. said...

aw! thanks for hosting us, bridget! you know some lovely people. i gotta get a picture of those little snowmen...

Linda Womack said...

Aww, yer killin' me! It looks like you had so mcuh fun. Sorry I was so sick and couldn't join you!

Unknown said...

Dang, Bridget! If teleportation were actually possible outside teh star trecks, i would've been there like _that_ <snaps fingers>

Michael5000 said...

Aww, now ~I~ feel all famous....

Bridget said...

Oooo! I am feelin' the love! Group Blog Hug!

ShareThis