Friday, November 9, 2007

Feeling Quiet Today . . .

Friends are coming over for dinner . . . heating up tamales, making some black beans with mangoes, and some steamed kale and chard with feta to go with . . . I like a lot of flavors. Imagining myself sitting quietly with a small glass of wine, just watching them talk and eat and laugh. Very happy. Maybe I'll make a pear-apple crumble, too.

And what's better on a quiet, rainy, introverted day than cooking and poetry? Here's another bit of word art from my poetry truck, The Blank Canvas, a proud member of the Portland Poetry Posse with Trixie the Poetry Car.


And a query I cannot begin to answer . . .

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I had tamales for breakfast. And lunch, to be perfectly honest. Luscious tamales, homemade in a near West Side kitchen which probably conforms to no health standard in the annals of public hygiene. Really one of the most perfect foods ever created...

gl. said...

mmmm, sounds delicious. we had homeade veggie "sausage" soup w/ kale & chard, with "smashed" blue potatoes on the side. and the rest of sven's birthday cake. :)

ShareThis