Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Back to School!

My friend and fellow creativity gal, Gretchin Lair, and I both run in-depth creativity experiences several times a year - she does Artist's Way, I do Artmaking as Playful Prayer. And each time, we check our schedules to see if we can attend each other's classes, and each time, the answer is "no." My fall Artmaking as Playful Prayer class started Monday - and it's a marvelous group! We dove into Mandalas, and I gotta tell you, every time I run that slide show, I get excited about Mandala making all over again!

Yet it is a sad thing in my life that I only occasionally get to work with Gretchin. The good news is that Gretchin has regular free Collage Nights and $10 Guided Intent art experiences at her studio, Scarlet Star Studios, and sometimes I can make those. Last week, I headed over for a Guided Intent . . . LifeMaps. We had to draw. Now, I am very lazy with my drawing. It's not the most exciting part of artmaking for me (can you say COLOR?! SHAPE!? TEXTURE?!) so I do a lot of photography, collage, and painting that incorporates these other images. But, like I said, we had to draw and I was game.


So, I played with watercolor pencils - something I haven't done in years! It was great to be fun, playful, cartoony . . . and I discovered that I like to draw worms. With eyebrows. And cowboy boots.
Worms with eyebrows just seem so much more expressive, don't they? And this particular worm has a secret desire to wear a red satin dress and be a lounge singer. A lounge singer with large, expressive eyebrows and pouty red lips.


That worm and I have some very strange things in common . . .

3 comments:

gl. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gl. said...

Tee hee hee! I'm so glad you scanned & posted this, Bridget. I (heart) those worms! But then, I'm a girl who stops for slugs on the sidewalk.

By the way, not all the Guided Intents are $10: they're usually in the range of $10-$20. :)

Bridget said...

I, too, stop for slugs - and have even been known to pet them!! And the Guided Intents - a bargain at any price!! :)

ShareThis