Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I want to make monsters!

So, I'm supposed to go on AM Northwest - a local morning talk show - tomorrow (today?) morning and give a presentation on basic Memory Jewelry techniques - and really all I want to do is make glove monsters! Can't you see these shifted slightly into really cool pincushions?! Sadly, I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Church of Craft on Sunday, October 14th or not - there's a class on surface treatments and fiber transfers at the Contemporary Craft Museum that weekend. Yup, it's fall - there's so many cool classes and arty-crafty goodness going on . . . YUM! The Portland Tribune did a special section today on the Arts in Portland - and some of the artists interviewed wished that Portland would turn its seriousness up a notch. Frankly, I'm glad that Portland has its sense of humor around the arts turned up to 11.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Hey! Blog-a-log-a-ding-dong! Was wondering if you'd take the plunge.

Are you playing with resin with your memory jewelry? I've been using Magic Sculp and Magic Smooth for a while, but pourable and casting media are calling me since I got The Art of Resin Jewelry - it's a great friendly reference.

gl. said...

i'm definitely going to the monster gloves. toby's a sock creature, but he's really excited about it, too! ;)

congrats on the AM Northwest segment; if you figure out how to post the video, i'm sure we'd all love to see it!

Bridget said...

Hey, Ann - I have that Art of Resin Jewelry book, and love it! Using resin is my next move - what I've been doing up to now is all done with pre-formed glass and acrylic, glue and tape - Look ma, no soldering!

ShareThis